Local / International 1.702.636.0801

Marriage License Information

Las Vegas Marriage License Information and Requirements:

Requirements for U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens are the same. It is suggested that non U.S. citizens check with your local officials for special documents that may be needed to ensure that your marriage will be recognized in your country.


201 Clark Ave. Las Vegas NV, 89101 - Hours of opperation, 8:00 a.m. until midnight 7 days a week including holidays.


Applicants must be a male and a female, at least 18 years of age, and not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half blood, and not having a husband or wife living. Applicants may be required to prove their age. Those not having acceptable identification to prove age may be refused a marriage license. Faxed copies, damaged identification, privately issued I.D., check cashing cards or photocopies of identification are unacceptable.

Forms of acceptable identification:

Driver's License, Driver's Instruction Permit, ID Card issued by U. S. state or territory, Foreign government issued ID Card, including Driver's License (must include birth date), Passport, Matricula Consular Card, Military ID Card issued by branch of U. S. Armed Forces, Military Dependent ID Card issued by branch of U. S. Armed Forces, Certificate of Citizenship issued by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Certificate of Naturalization issued by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Permanent Resident Card issued by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Voter Identification Card (must contain birth date)

Social Security Numbers are required on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. Please know your Social Security Number. Those without knowledge of their Social Security Number may be refused a marriage license. It is recognized that non U.S. citizens will not have a Social Security Number.

Blood test or waiting periods: There is no blood test and no waiting period after a license is issued.

Cost of Marriage License:

The fee for a marriage license as of August 4, 2015 is $77.00 payable by cash, cashier's check, money order, or credit card. Applicants may use American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. Please note: There is an additional $5.00 service charge for credit card transactions.

Divorced Applicants:

Are required to know the Month/Day/Year/City and State of their divorce. The divorce must be final and filed with the court in the state or country granted. You are not required to bring the divorce decree.

Minor applicants, ages 16 or 17 (not yet age 18):

Must have consent of a parent or legal guardian. Minors will need an original or certified copy of the birth certificate which lists the name of the consenting parent. (No photocopies of documents may be accepted.) Legal guardians are required to present a certified copy of the court ordered guardianship papers. (No photocopies may be accepted.) A parent or guardian is required to have acceptable identification to prove they are the parent on the birth certificate or the legal guardian on the guardianship order. If a parent giving consent to the marriage of a minor pursuant to subsection 5 of NRS 122.020 has a last name different from that of the minor seeking to be married, the county clerk shall accept, as proof that the parent is the legal parent of the minor, a certified copy of the birth certificate of the minor which shows the parent's first and middle name and which matches the first and middle name of the parent on any document listed in subsection 2 of NRS 122.020. If it is not possible for the parent or guardian to be present, an original, notarized statement in English must be presented with the certified copy of the birth certificate or a certified copy of the guardianship order at the time of the issuance of the marriage license. The notarized statement should contain the parent or legal guardian's full name, relationship to the minor, minor's full name, birth date and the statement that the parent or legal guardian gives consent for the minor to marry. All documents must be in English or translated into English by a notary. Minor applicants, less than 16 years of age: A person less than 16 years of age may marry only if either parent or legal guardian files an action, pays all court fees as provided by law, and presents a court order, from a Nevada State Court, authorizing the Clerk to issue the marriage license. Applicants should contact an attorney to prepare the documents.


Some countries may require a certified copy of your Marriage Certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State to finalize the marriage in your country. An Apostille may be obtained by contacting the Nevada Secretary of State by mail at: Secretary of State Capitol Complex, Carson City, Nevada 89710. All marriage certificates issued in the State of Nevada must be used within this state. Clark County Marriage Bureau, 201 Clark Avenue Las Vegas, NV 89155. Telephone: (702) 671-0600. Office Hours: Mon. - Sun., 8 a.m. to Midnight